Learning Objectives: Identify and explain
• The combustion products formed from fuels.
• That in a combustion reaction, the amount of oxygen available to reactaffects the products produced.
• The pollutants produced when we burn fuels.
I will be successful in this lesson if I can:
• Write word equations for the complete combustion ofhydrocarbons (Lvl C).
• Describe differences between incomplete and completecombustion (Lvl C).
• List pollutants formed when we burn fuels (Lvl C).
• Complete balanced symbol equations for the complete andincomplete combustion of simple alkanes (Lvl A).
• Explain how nitrogen oxides, sulfur dioxide and particulatesare produced during the combustion process (Lvl A).